Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Chickens and Masquerades!!!















Okay...after a week now our chicks have grown so much...today we upgraded them to a bigger cage...thanks to my great friend Janis. Who by the way is my chicken-advice-go-to-girl. She totally has a real farm full of animals of all sorts and totally laughs her head off at all my questions! Anyway. Here are some pics as I promised.





I missed the pic moment where Cami crawled in with the chicks...the poor things were huddled in the corner while the toddler was terrorizing them....I just turned away for a moment and...well...you get the idea.














Brooke was so helpful in feeding them but wanted nothing to do with touching them(afraid they will bite her)!

























Camryn, on the other hand, had no problem handling the birds. She almost strangled this one!!!


LOOK AT THAT LITTLE TIGHT GRIP!!!!

Seriously, poor thing...I hope it recovers from the wrath of Camryn "the chicken-strangler" as she is now affectionately known. Time will tell.











Here is our cute pup Duncan... I like to call him Duncan punkin!

And, here is the puppy momma...btw, she decided to no longer let him sleep with her after one night of his exuberance in the middle of the night. But he is finally getting better about sleeping in his bed! Hallelujah!






So....Now it is 8o'clock and the girls have decided it is time to have a masquerade dancing party...






which Ben and I must attend of course

....using the masks they have been creating from foam plates since this afternoon.





























Ben is the music maker! whoo-hooo!














I am simply trying to maintain sanity for a few more moments before the much anticipated, heavenly BED-TIME.

GOOD-NITE HOLLIE!!! miss ya!

1 comment:

Groovewoman said...

That is THE BEST POST YET!! I absolutely LOVE the pictures and the one of her strangling the chicken, I LOST IT! Girl, I nearly woke up the boy sleeping in the next room I was laughing so loud & so hard! :)

And of course the pics of the masquerade dance party were fantastic. Your girls are so creative. I would LOVE to see a closer pic of Miranda's mask.. it looks very neat from a distance. What a fun night of fun! Oh and tell Ben he looked smashingly handsome in his borrowed mask! :D

Oh I LOVE IT! Good Night my dear friend! :D Thank you for sharing!